Saturday, August 13, 2011

Caramel Cookies

OK, so I've been slack with blogging. But not with baking. In fact, a few times I've thought about blogging and then decided to bake instead. Now it's time for some back-blogging.

I think Jersey Caramels (along with most things caramel) are fantastic. So when I saw Donna Hay's recipe for Caramel Cookies (<<- link) in a newspaper a couple of years ago I was slightly dismayed that I hadn't dreamt these up myself.

They're very simple and never fail. Seriously - I hideously overcooked them one time and they were still worth eating.

This is how the cookies begin their life, in a saucepan.


Cool and combine that with self-raising flour and you can make these...


...then add these...


... and bake, to end up with these. Delicious caramel goodness! And cute too.


This lot of cookies (a double batch) was for a fundraiser, so I put them into this handy jar for display.

1 comment:

  1. These are definitely awesome biscuits! We loved this recipe too! Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete