Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Cupcake Party - social decorating

So it begins. I had my inaugural cupcake decorating gathering with a bunch of friends recently. It was a good excuse to make a whole lot of cupcakes.

I ended up with: a dozen gluten and dairy free cupcakes - half chocolate, half spice and apricot...


... a dozen turkish delight...


...a dozen chocolate with Maltesers (Sarah's idea)...


... plus a half dozen plain vanilla, half a dozen plain chocolate, half a dozen chocolate with Oreos and, finally, one and a half dozen snickerdoodle cupcakes (by special request from Jess). That's... a lot of cupcakes!

By that stage my brain must have been a bit fried, because I accidentally quadrupled my butter cream recipe rather than doubling it as intended. Oops. I opted for somewhat buttery icing rather than making it up to the prescribed total volume, but there was still so much!


Herein follows some of the fantastic decorating that the ladies did :)


Some classic snickerdoodle cupcakes. (I see someone stuck a random Smartie under one of the cookies though!)


One of the girlier dozen cupcakes.


Everyone chose a few to take home and the rest were happily polished off at church the following night. Amanda couldn't make it to decorating so we kept her a couple of pretty cakes. I bought a bunch of cupcake boxes off ebay and it makes gifting a bit neater :)


My decorators hard at work. Good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment