Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sweet Potato and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Joy the Baker has one of the prettiest baking blogs around so I was a bit excited when I found out she'd released a book. Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes is as pretty as can be and I like it well enough just to flick through. Now that I've actually made something out of it I like it even better! If you want your own copy you can find it here on Book Depository, or probably somewhere else.


I like the oddness of this combination, but I'm also a sweet potato person in general. And everyone's a chocolate chip person, really.


This is the sweet potato after I baked it, peeled it and mashed it. Sweet orange starch.


Chocolate to dough. Ready to go.


The recipe said to space these 2 inches apart. Inches are not my area of expertise but that sounded like a lot of space so I expected these to rise monstrously. They didn't, so next time I'll just ignore that bit.


I ate one of these warm and declared it objectively awesome. Plus, these sorta add to your vegetable count ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment