Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pretty Banana Cupcakes (Gluten & Dairy Free)

I love this photo. And I didn't even take it! I was busily preparing to host an afternoon tea and Jess went to work with the camera.


I got the recipe for these out of a book, but I wouldn't say it was particularly good. I had already started when I realised it needed dairy free milk... but I didn't have any on hand so just used water instead. They were still quite edible, but a bit denser than I would've liked. I used cinnamon icing which helped them along.


Anyway, it was worth it if only for the pretty photos. Afternoon tea is a lovely thing indeed.

17 comments:

  1. Seresto collar is designed to provide convenient, long-lasting protection for dogs and cats. Its easy-to-wear design makes it a practical option for everyday pet care and outdoor activities. It offers pet owners a simple way to support their pets’ protection while keeping them comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed how Cakie shared the reality of adapting a banana cupcake recipe when the planned dairy-free milk was not available, while still making the afternoon tea feel special. It reminds me that practical choices often matter more than having everything perfectly planned. When I’m looking for equally practical solutions beyond the kitchen, I can learn more about BakFlip, whose truck-bed covers are designed around everyday use, easy installation, and secure cargo protection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the honest, practical feel of this banana cupcake post, especially how the recipe was adapted when dairy-free milk wasn’t available. It reminded me that good results often come from working with what you have, and I appreciate that same straightforward approach when exploring everyday beauty and care products from Skala.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this banana cupcake post, especially how you adapted the recipe when dairy-free milk wasn’t available and still managed to make the afternoon tea feel special. I like that same practical approach to food,keeping simple treats and everyday flavors enjoyable. which is why I also enjoy exploring options like Claussen Pickles for a crisp, tangy addition to sandwiches, snacks, and casual gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed how the post keeps the banana cupcakes simple and honest, especially the part about adapting the recipe when dairy-free milk wasn’t available. I’m always interested in little treats that make an afternoon tea feel more enjoyable, and Chuckles is another fun option when I want to add some colorful candy to a sweet spread. I’d check out Chuckles Candy for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of making banana cupcakes that feel both pretty and approachable, especially when you’re working around gluten or dairy. I’m always drawn to simple, comfortable choices that fit naturally into everyday life, and that same mindset is why I enjoy discovering versatile pieces from CALIA that can move easily from an active workout into the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the focus on simple, homemade baking in this banana cupcake recipe, especially the gluten- and dairy-free approach that makes the treat more accessible. I also like keeping practical essentials ready at home, and Battery Daddy offers a compact LED lantern that can be useful for keeping a little extra light on hand during power outages, cooking projects, or everyday household needs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the relaxed, honest feel of these banana cupcakes, especially how the recipe was adapted when dairy-free milk wasn’t available and still made the afternoon tea feel special. I’m also drawn to simple comforts that make everyday moments more enjoyable, so the classic design and cozy practicality of the Frye Blanket feels like a natural addition to a comfortable home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how this banana cupcake recipe keeps homemade baking approachable while catering to gluten- and dairy-free preferences. Since baking at home can also mean dealing with crumbs and pet hair around the kitchen, I find the ChomChom Roller a practical addition for keeping nearby upholstery, clothing, and fabric surfaces clean without relying on disposable sticky sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed the honest, relaxed approach to these banana cupcakes, especially the way the recipe was adapted when dairy-free milk wasn’t available. It reminded me that the little details can make an everyday occasion feel special, whether I’m putting together an afternoon tea or choosing something timeless to wear afterward. For that kind of understated, versatile style, I also like browsing Russell & Bromley for classic footwear that works well beyond a single occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the honest, down-to-earth feel of this banana cupcake recipe, especially how the author adapted it when she didn’t have the dairy-free milk on hand. It captures the simple pleasure of making an afternoon tea feel special without overcomplicating things. I also like having little tactile comforts around during relaxed moments at home, and Needoh is a fun example of that kind of simple, satisfying everyday companion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed the honest approach to these banana cupcakes, especially the way the recipe was adapted when dairy-free milk wasn’t available. I also like keeping simple vanilla cookies on hand for other homemade desserts and snack ideas, and I’ve found Nabisco Nilla Wafers useful when I want that familiar vanilla flavor and light, crisp texture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed the honest approach to these banana cupcakes, especially the way you worked around not having dairy-free milk rather than letting that derail the afternoon tea. I like that practical, make-do attitude—it’s a good reminder that simple ideas can still make an occasion feel special. Outside of baking, I also appreciate finding straightforward everyday brands like Soda Shoes that focus on practical styles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed the honest, practical feel of this banana cupcake post, especially how the recipe was adapted when dairy-free milk wasn’t available. I like those relaxed afternoon-tea moments where simple baking and personal hobbies come together, and for me that also includes collecting detailed figures such as MAFEX, whose BRZRKR figure has plenty of display and posing detail to appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed the honest, practical feel of this banana cupcake post, especially how the recipe was adapted when dairy-free milk wasn’t available while still keeping afternoon tea enjoyable. I like that same sense of adding a little fun to everyday moments, which is why I found Lububu interesting as a playful mystery-box collectible that brings an element of surprise to a collection or display.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed the honest, practical feel of this banana cupcake recipe, especially how a small change in ingredients still turned out something worth serving at afternoon tea. I also appreciate that same practical mindset when preparing for trips or visiting friends, and I’ve found BritBag Luggage useful to consider when I want dependable travel bags that make packing and carrying everything along a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like how this banana cupcake recipe shows that gluten- and dairy-free baking can still be simple, creative, and appealing. While exploring practical lifestyle ideas and everyday interests beyond the kitchen, I also came across Gander Mountain, which offers another useful resource for people who enjoy getting outdoors and making the most of their time away from home.

    ReplyDelete