Friday, September 9, 2011

Lemon Diva Cupcakes

My mother-in-law very kindly gave me a copy of Julie Goodwin's "Our Family Table." Julie was the winner of the 1st Australian Masterchef series, and the book is put together really nicely.

I tried out her Lemon Diva Cupcake Recipe (<-- link here), but only had 2 lemons on hand so that's all I used (rather than the suggested 3).


I was making these for church supper so I opted for mini-cupcakes and ended up with about 26.


I added some extra lemon juice to the icing to try and make up for less lemon in the batter, but not sure it made much difference except making the icing less firm.


These weren't my favourite cupcakes, but they still disappeared quickly. If I bake them again I'll make sure I have enough lemons first.

No comments:

Post a Comment