Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Caramel Mudcake Birthday

I suppose it's semi-awkward, but I nevertheless enjoyed making my own birthday cake. I decided it was time to prove that I actually CAN make a full-size cake, although I don' think it comes out as pretty as cupcakes would. (I like how they're little and cute.) But it was my birthday, so I had to inject some maturity (*cough*) into my birthday cake.

I blogged the recipe for this caramel mudcake and icing a while back in cupcake form. It's just the same here, except you bake it for the actual suggested time (like a grown-up :p).


A bit rough around the edges. I suppose I should have somehow make the icing thicker so it didn't ooze off the sides so much. Or just put on less icing. Ideally, I suppose, I would have just iced the top and let dainty little caramel rivers drip down the sides. But I wanted icing all over it, so a little bit of pooling around the bottom was inevitable.

Even though I made it I still got to blow the candles out.


I even got to cut it. I hereby declare that this cake adequately serves 16 people... after a big pizza/pasta lunch. Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment