Friday, March 9, 2012

Gluten and dairy-free apricot and spice cupcakes

We got a new camera! I know absolutely nothing about it yet, but thankfully it takes pretty good photos even on auto-settings.


This is a gluten and dairy-free version of the apricot and spice (sometimes apple and spice) cake that I usually make. The apricot version amuses me because they look kinda like eggs with big fat yolks.


These sank a bit. I think I should have baked them a little longer and/or used a little extra baking powder.


Apricot & Cinnamon Cupcakes
the gluten and dairy-free version

Makes 12-15 regular sized cupcakes

150g Nuttelex, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups gluten-free plain flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
6 teaspoons baking powder
Tinned apricots (400g tin is probably enough, an 800g tin is way too much!)
1. Prepare your tin/s and preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (except apricots!).
3. Lightly press batter into each cupcake case.
4. Press an apricot half into each case of batter.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on your oven). Test with a skewer.

These were a bit grainy (I blame GF flour) and a little bitter for my taste (I blame the Nuttelex). But they were edible AND free of both gluten and dairy. So, that works OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment